Saturday, November 1, 2014

Zhangjiajie - Day 2

Ni Hao y'all!  We had another awesome day here in China!  We were able to sleep about 6ish hours last night, and then got ready and went to the Yellow Dragon Caves here in Zhangjiajie.  I was kind of unsure as to what to expect, and was thinking it would probably be like the caves we have close to home in Ohio.  I've never been to those caves, but the Mister assured me after our experience today that they are definitely NOT one in the same!  The tour we went on took about an hour and a half, (although we were hauling the mail...our guide said it's normally over two hours!)  There were over 2,000 stairs that we had to walk, and let me tell you, my calves have been feeling the last two days!  I'm confident they are bigger now than before we came to China! 

The caves we were in had amazing stalagmites (pointy things that stick up in a cave,) and were also MUCH bigger than what I had thought they were going to be!  I mean, this place was enormous!  Our pictures honestly do it no justice whatsoever!  We even took a boat ride on a river that runs within the caves...craziness!  I posted as many pictures as my poor, slow Internet can handle below :)

We will be leaving Zhangjiajie tomorrow morning first thing to get on the road to Changsha, which is about a four hour car ride.  Changsha is the capital of the Hunan province, which is the town in which we will be meeting our little man on Monday!  Of course on Sunday your time :)  I asked today, and we are scheduled to meet him at 9:30am, which is really early for "Gotcha" appointments.  Our guide suspected that since our little man has such a long journey to Changsha himself, (probably over five hours,) that they will most likely be staying with him overnight in Changsha on Sunday night.  I couldn't believe it when he said our appointment was so early!  Got my heart racing.  I can't believe we are only two days away from meeting our little man!  Please continue to pray for his little heart as so many big changes are headed his way. 

Ok, on with today's pictures!



On our boat ride





No comments:

Post a Comment