Sunday, November 2, 2014

Twas the Night Before Hendrix

We left Zhangjiajie bright and early this morning and headed four hours by car to Changsha, which is the capital of the Hunan province, where our little man lives.  We settled into our hotel a bit after noon, and then headed out for some lunch at none other than McDonald's.  Don't judge...there were limited options, and I was hungry people!  We are now trying to figure out our dinner options, but that is boring, so I will get on with it!

So tomorrow.  TOMORROW!  I can't even believe I just wrote that word down.  During the car ride, I was thinking that I wish I was more of an eloquent writer, and that my words could better reflect the true feelings on my heart.  I'm especially feeling that way as I write this post now.  Tomorrow will be an amazing day.  A boy waking up without a family will be claimed by our family by the time he eats his lunch.  Loving arms will hold him before he goes to sleep, and soft fingers will brush his hair as he's sleeping.  As a matter of fact, I can't really envision myself or the Mister getting much sleep tomorrow night.  I have a feeling that we will both be in such awe of that sweet little boy that we just stare. 

Just like the night before Christmas is filled with so much anticipation and excitement for a child, the same holds true tonight for me as well.  Tomorrow will surely be filled with more emotion that I can even comprehend, but it will be beautiful.  I pray for that little one's heart, and for his big day tomorrow.  We love you, little man, and can't wait for you to be ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment