Saturday, August 29, 2015

And She Shall be Called.....

So you may or may not caught a glimpse of our little sweet pea over these past few weeks or so.  You may have seen her face and not even realized it!  Well, the Mister and I were trying to wait to formally introduce our girl to you when she finally had a name.  Ahem...well, the original plan was for that to be not much longer after we announced the adoption.  I should've known that wasn't going to happen!  After going through about 500 names that I had suggested, along with suggestions from family and friends, we finally agreed!  Seriously people, this is BIG stuff!  Why?  Because the name game has always been torturous for us...this is how it typically goes:

 Me : "What do you think of you fill in the blank with whatever name I was throwing at him at the time?"  
The Mister: "No." 
 Me: "Do you have any suggestions?
The Mister: "No."

Repeat this 499 other times and you will have what our life has been like over the last few weeks!  So, now that I've totally built her name up way too much, let me be the first to formally introduce you to....

Nyah T***

 Before we go any further, because I know you are trying to figure out pronunciation, It's ni (like hi,) -ah.  Her middle name will remain her current name, which I cannot share at this time.  Hence the reason for all of the asterisks!  Now that that has been cleared up, onto why we picked Nyah.   Well, there's the fact that I've always loved the name, and once we discovered the meaning of the name, it kind of sealed the deal for us.  We've never been much into name meanings, but the name Nyah is actually of African origin and means, "one with a purpose."  Done.  That was all I needed to read.  My girl...she has a purpose.  I can't wait to get my arms around her so we can watch her beautiful life unfold in front of our very eyes.  

Oh yes, so now that you know her name, let me introduce you to her.... 


 Our beautiful princess!


....and yes, you will notice that in the younger picture below, she has more hair.  They are shaving my poor girl's hair!  Um, can you say, hair bows?!?!?!

As far as where we are in the process, we are waiting for our home study to be finished up. We are praying that our home study will finish up within the next 3-4 weeks, and wrap up a few other things so we are able to send our dossier to China by the end of October.  Maybe???  Hopefully???  Man, I sure hope so!  Don't you just want to squeeze those little cheeks too?

No comments:

Post a Comment