Saturday, July 25, 2015

#Managingblessings



Being real now, we all have “those” days.  The days where the kids get up an hour earlier than they should (of course after being up an hour too late the night before,) within the first 20 minutes of being up, you have to deal with spilled milk, a potty accident, and if you are like me, a dog crisis.  Those days when just nothing seems to go the way that you anticipated when you went to sleep the night before.  And deep down, ok maybe not so deep down sometimes, we wish we could just pull a Dorothy, click our heels together and be transported away to some fairy world with munchkins…as long as they aren’t our munchkins!  People…I have these days…and if you are a real person, I’m sure you have these days too.

A few weeks ago, a friend had posted this quote on Facebook that was taken from Lysa Terkeurst.   


 

 

It hit me.  Hard.  I can be really good at seeing the bad in a day, and not focusing on all of our giggles, peaceful playing times, and “I love you’s.”  Those words though…they.are.real.  These little people that I have, they are nothing but my own personal posse of blessings.  For me.  Every single day.  And I forget that altogether too often.  I realized I want to and need to change my negative mom attitude and focus on managing my blessings.  The reality is, right now this chaos may seem like it’s too much and unmanageable, but I know 20 years from now, when it’s just me and the Mister, (and maybe a dog or two,) that I will be wishing that I had more days like this…




Yes, you are seeing that correctly.  That is a naked Barbie in decorative grass.  I will miss these days.  I honestly believe that right now, in this crazy, beautiful mess we are in, that these are the absolute best years of my life.  From now on, I vow to focus on managing my blessings, and forgetting about things like spilled milk.  Because one day, not too long from now, I’ll be wishing that I'd see that Barbie without the clothes on, stuck in my decorative grass, and she won’t be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment