Monday, May 5, 2014

Birthday Boy!

Today is our little man's 3rd birthday!  A day that I feel mixed emotions towards, as I have been thinking of May 5th for some time now in my head.  Birthdays are great days around our house.  I mean, your birthday around here is a BIG deal!  But as I rose out of bed this morning, I had a heavy heart knowing that our little man was alone for his birthday.  Not alone in the literal sense, but alone in the sense that no one celebrated his most very special day.  I've read that often times in orphanages, they don't celebrate each child's birthday because there are just too many kids to make that possible.  Just breaks my heart.  On the other hand, it does make this momma's heart happy to know that this is the LAST birthday that our little guy will be alone, and that makes me smile!

As an early birthday gift for our little man, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office decided to send us our approval letter for our I800A, which also magically turned into the I797C.  Insert ooohhhs and ahhhs here :)  So, our goal for this week is to get everything down to the Secretary of State's office for our final round of certification and to also get everything out to Washington D.C. to get authenticated by the U.S. government and Chinese Embassy.  Once these documents have gone through both, they will be overnighted to our agency in Washington, and then they will send our dossier to China!  I'm being optimistic and thinking that we have a shot of getting them there by our early June deadline if all goes well!  Please be praying for this next and very important step to go smoothly!

Once I'm finished sending things out Wednesday, then I'm going to be focusing on completing a few more grant applications and hopefully starting to get working on that top secret fundraiser that I may or may not have mentioned in my last post...I can't remember!

Thanks to all for all of your continued support and prayers!  We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment